Dear Church Family,
In July, Saxe Gotha’s Officers and Staff gathered to discuss the Church Assessment Tool (CAT) survey data. Several wonderful things about our congregation were confirmed. First, we heard that over 385 members dedicated the time necessary to take the 100-question survey, which is proof of your devotion to Saxe Gotha’s future. Thank you! Also, even in the face of constant cultural bombardment, Saxe Gotha’s members voiced resoundingly that we remain grounded in eternal truths as revealed in the Bible. Saxe Gotha is overwhelmingly, uniformly theologically conservative and our members “believe that their faith is central to their lives rather than peripheral.”
The CAT survey data also showed that three priorities of actionable goals were consistently ranked highest among all demographics:
1) Develop and implement a comprehensive strategy to reach new people and incorporate them into the life of the church.
2) Make necessary changes to attract families with children and youth to our church.
3) Expand outreach ministries that provide direct services to those living on the margins of society.
We also heard these additional findings of interest:
- “Members of the church like to find familiar ways of doing things and stick with them . . . the church may find it difficult to make the changes required to achieve its goals without triggering conflicts." – Crows Feet Consulting
- Of those surveyed, 81% tended to agree or agree with the statement “On the whole, I am satisfied with how things are in our church.”
- The data demonstrated an environment of high satisfaction and low energy. This can allow the congregation to feel relatively satisfied with the status quo.
- “On the whole, members of the church have a deep appreciation for the life they share as a congregation.” – Crows Feet Consulting
The officers and staff have been prayerfully considering the results of the survey and we will continue over the coming months to develop meaningful and actionable goals. We are encouraged that even during this time of change you, our members, have demonstrated a deep loyalty to our church family.
Our guiding statement during this transition is HOPE: hope for ourselves, hope for Saxe Gotha and hope for our wider community. We ask you to join us, your leadership in seeking to embody the values of HOPE:
Saxe Gotha’s officers and staff will be gathering again with the consultant this Saturday to continue to discern God’s Will. Please pray for our church and for its leaders, that we would be sensitive to the wisdom and guidance of the Holy Spirit as we seek to serve His church. We are ever hopeful and encouraged, knowing we can trust that God is constantly working for the good of His church, and that God is always in control, working “all things according to the counsel of His will.” (Ephesians 1:11)
On behalf of the Officers and Staff,
Elder, Class of 2022
* Please note that a copy of the Crows Feet assessment is available in the church office for your review. And, feel free reach out to me if you would like to discuss.