Your tithes and gifts are vitally important to the ministry of our church! We ask that you prayerfully consider how God is leading you to give. “Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it.” – I Corinthians 12:27
In Mark 12: 43-44 we hear Jesus speak to his disciples and say “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything - all she had to live on.” Fellow members of Saxe Gotha, this has been a challenging year for all of us as we’ve faced an unprecedented pandemic with significant consequences. It has challenged us in every aspect of our life, including our church life. We are so proud of the way Saxe Gotha members and staff have responded to this challenge. The Lord has been good to our church, and we have persevered during the strangest of times. We are reminded in this verse of God’s promise to provide, and of the incredible faith of this widow. We need to continue to spread the message of God’s love and grace throughout our community and beyond, and need your support, commitment and pledge to make that happen.
What is a Pledge?
• A pledge is an estimate of giving to the church in a calendar year.
• You may adjust the amount of your pledge at any time during the year by contacting the church office.
• Traditionally, a “tithe” is the first 10% of one’s income given to the church as an act of obedience. Leviticus 27:30 says, “A tenth of the produce of the land, whether grain or fruit, is the Lord’s, and it is holy.”
• 2 Corinthians 9:7 says, “Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.”
Why is Pledging Important?
• Pledging provides church leadership information needed to plan a budget for the broad work of the church; from paying for utilities and maintenance, to funding campus-based programs, to missionary work with the community and throughout God’s kingdom.
• Pledging helps church members plan their own budget and prioritize God’s will for their lives by ensuring that the Lord is honored by the “first fruits.”
How to Pledge
• You will receive a Pledge Card in mid-October with your Record of Giving for the 3rd Quarter. Please be on the lookout for this.
• Turn in your completed Pledge Card during the church service on Commitment Sunday (November 8).
• Place your completed Pledge Card in the offering plate at another service.
• Return your completed Pledge Card to the church office during business hours.
• Mail your completed Pledge Card to the church (5503 Sunset Blvd., Lexington, SC 29072).
• Set up or modify a recurring debit/credit pledge through the church’s EasyTithe program (https://saxegotha.org/give).
As you make your pledge for 2021, may you experience the joy of giving and the satisfaction of knowing the significant impact Saxe Gotha has in our community and around the world. As always, your church leaders are available to answer questions, pray with you, and/or help connect you and your talents with the many church ministries.
In His service,
The Stewardship Committee2021 Pledge Card