Your tithes and gifts are vitally important to the ministry of our church! We ask that you prayerfully consider how God is leading you to give. “Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it.” – I Corinthians 12:27
Now after a long time the master of those servants came and settled accounts with them. And he who had received the five talents came forward, bringing five talents more, saying, ‘Master, you delivered to me five talents; here, I have made five talents more’. Matthew 25:19-20
Despite the challenges of recent times, God has been working for good and using his people to serve his purposes. Like the Servant in the Parable of the Talents, Saxe Gotha has worked diligently again in 2021 to be a good steward of the resources offered through faithful giving by His people. This year our church has been able to address much overdue maintenance to the Lord’s House and extend our commitment to missions.
● New HVAC control system installed to improve energy use
● New flooring and painting in the CDC
● Parking lot resurfaced and repainted
● Lighthouse roof sealed to fix the “leaking” issues that have existed for years
● Additional $55,000 designated for Missions contributions (Note: additional to those already budgeted)
● Broken sanctuary windows to be replaced
Saxe Gotha is committed to expanding our reach in Lexington and beyond. We ask for your support, commitment, and pledge to make that happen in 2022. The enclosed commitment card is an opportunity for church members to put tithing at the frontline of their financial giving.
What is a Pledge?
● A pledge is an estimate of giving to the church in a calendar year. You may adjust the amount of your pledge at any time during the year by contacting the church office.
Why is Pledging Important?
● Pledging provides church leadership information needed to plan a budget for the work of the church; from paying for utilities/maintenance, to funding campus-based programs, to mission work.
● Pledging helps church members plan their own budget and prioritize God’s will for their lives by ensuring that the Lord is honored by “first fruits.”
How to Pledge?
● Turn in your completed Pledge Card during the church service on Commitment Sunday (November 14).
● Place your completed Pledge Card in the offering plate at another service.
● Return your completed Pledge Card to the church office during business hours.
● Mail your completed Pledge Card to the church (5503 Sunset Blvd., Lexington, SC 29072).
● Set up or modify a recurring debit/credit pledge online through the EasyTithe program saxegotha.org/give
As you consider your pledge for 2022, may you experience the joy of giving and the satisfaction of knowing the significant impact Saxe Gotha has in our community and around the world.
In His service,
Trish Proctor, Barry Williams, and George Wham
Stewardship Team Officers
2022 Pledge Card