Our 22nd annual Operation Turkey is underway at Saxe Gotha! Our church organizes this community-wide event that prepares and delivers approximately 2,000 Thanksgiving meals to those in need in our community. Each year we partner with local agencies to secure the names of individuals in need. Our volunteers then prepare and deliver meals to these individuals. It's a true blessing to those who receive the meals, as well as to those who volunteer to serve in this ministry.
Although the main work takes place on the Wednesday prior to and Thanksgiving Day, our effort starts with food and monetary donations. On the days preceding and day of Thanksgiving, the following are ways that individuals can serve in the local ministry:
- make a monetary donation;
- cook and slice a whole turkey or turkey breast and bring to church kitchen on Wednesday, Nov 22 between 4-7 pm (no smoked turkeys);
- assist with preparation on Wednesday, Nov 22 anytime from 3-8:30 pm
- on Thanksgiving morning (from 8:30-10:00 am), come to the SGPC gym area to prepare plates for delivery;
- on Thanksgiving morning (from 8:30 am - 12 noon) - work in the SGPC kitchen as needed and prepare plates;
- on Thanksgiving morning (beginning at 10:00 am), come to the gym area to pick up and then deliver meals;
- pray for this ministry.
To volunteer your time in serving others through this year's Operation Turkey mission project, please email us at Missions@saxegotha.org. Thanks in advance for your time and prayers towards Operation Turkey!